[Consortium] ladspa repository

Daniel James daniel at 64studio.com
Thu Apr 20 04:47:40 EDT 2006

Hi Steve,

> Yery good idea, I've been wanting to do that for a long time, but I've
> never had time.

I agree this is a good time to do it, but I suggest we make it
plugins.linuxaudio.org rather than ladspa.linuxaudio.org so we can
include DSSI plugins and any future formats under the same umbrella.

Also, I've been wondering recently about plugin classification and the
way that plugins are packaged by the various distros. I think there's
scope for some smaller packages that include the plugins a user would be
most likely to need, maybe separated out into effects and synth plugins.

For example, we currently include about 220 LADSPA plugins in 64 Studio,
but I don't think I ever use more than a dozen of those in my own
studio. Even then, some of the AMS demos don't work because we don't
have all the plugins they need.

Cheers!

Daniel