[Consortium] Re: [linux-audio-user] More about consolidation of the Linux audio online resources

Daniel James daniel at 64studio.com
Tue Mar 28 09:05:15 EST 2006

Hi all,

>>> Also, I am not sure what would be more effective in terms of linking
>>> linuxaudio.org/developer or linuxaudio.org/lad. IMHO both have merit
>>
>> i think we should go for the lad variant for now.

I have access to DNS for the domain, so I can easily set up
lad.linuxaudio.org for example, which could potentially point to another
box.

> My main concern at the moment is having someplace to post the video and
> audio for LAC2006 after each talk, and of course for the conference
> organizers to have someplace to point people.

Ico has pointed out that it would be better to use a machine at Virginia
Tech for this, as I'm paying commercial prices for bandwidth on the
machine that currently hosts linuxaudio.org.

I think the best short-term solution is for Ico to consolidate the
resources on his current machine at Virginia Tech until his new Linux
box is ready, and I'll set DNS to point to whatever IP Ico is using.

Later on, I can formally transfer the linuxaudio.org domain to the
registered not-for-profit organisation that Ico has proposed.

Cheers!

Daniel