[LAA] Sweep 0.9.2 released.
zenadsl6252 at zen.co.uk
Fri Apr 11 12:45:10 EDT 2008
Fri April 11 2008 -- Sweep 0.9.3 Released
Sweep is an audio editor and live playback tool for GNU/Linux, BSD and
compatible systems. It supports many music and voice formats including
WAV, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis, Speex and MP3, with multichannel editing and
LADSPA effects plugins. Inside lives a pesky little virtual stylus called
Scrubby who enjoys mixing around in your files.
This release is available as a source tarball at:
New in this release
This is a bug fix release, containing the following changes:
* Fixed bounds checking of mode in speex header. relates to:
* Fixed bug preventing device dialog being reopened when
closed via the window manager.
All users with speex handling enabled should upgrade.
Some interesting audio recordings of Scrubby are at:
Sweep is designed to be intuitive and to give you full control. It includes
almost everything you would expect in a sample editor, and then some:
* precise, vinyl like scrubbing
* looped, reverse, and pitch-controlled playback
* playback mixing of unlimited independent tracks
* looped and reverse recording
* multichannel and 32 bit floating point PCM file support
* support for Ogg Vorbis, MP3 and Speex compressed audio files
* sample rate conversion and channel operations
* LADSPA 1.1 effects support
* multiple views, discontinuous selections
* easy keybindings, mouse wheel zooming
* unlimited undo/redo with fully revertible edit history
* multithreaded background processing
* shaded peak/mean waveform rendering, multiple colour schemes
Sweep is Free Software, available under the GNU General Public License.
More information is available at:
Thanks to Pixar Animation Studios and CSIRO Australia for supporting the
development of this project.
More information about the Linux-audio-announce