[LAA] Rivendell 2.0.2

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Wed Jun 1 16:49:05 UTC 2011

On behalf of the entire Rivendell development team, I'm pleased to announce the availability of Rivendell v2.0.2.  Rivendell is a full-featured radio automation system targeted for use in professional broadcast environments. It is available under the GNU General Public License.

From the NEWS file:
*** snip snip ***
Changes:
   SAS USI Enhancements.  Several enhancements have been added to Universal
   Serial Driver for Sierra Automated Systems devices, including the ability
   to process opto inputs and source state changes as GPI events.

   RDLogManager X11 Dependencies. It is now possible to run RDLogManager
   in batch mode without the need for an active X11 server instance.

   RLM Changes.  A new callback has been added to the RLM API to allow
   for reception of data from serial devices.

   Full System Backup/Restore Scripts.  Sample scripts for performing a
   full Rivendell backup and restore (DB+audio) have been added.  See
   'scripts/rd_backup_system.sh' and 'scripts/rd_restore_system.sh'.

   AudioScience HPI Cleanups.  The HPI driver has been refactored to
   eliminate use of deprecated/obsolete functions and data structures.

   RMLSend Smartphone App (Experimental).  A version of the RMLSend utility
   for Apple iOS has been added.

   Miscelaneous Bugfixes.  See the ChangeLog for details.

Database Update:
   This version of Rivendell uses database schema version 202, and will
   automatically upgrade any earlier versions.  To see the current schema
   version prior to upgrade, see RDAdmin->SystemInfo.

   As always, be sure to run RDAdmin immediately after upgrading to allow
   any necessary changes to the database schema to be applied.
*** snip snip ***

Further information, screenshots and download links are available at:

      http://www.rivendellaudio.org/

Cheers!

|                             Real artists ship.                          |
|                                                  -- Steve Jobs          |