[linux-audio-dev] Please test my MidiSport firmware loader

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas plcl at telefonica.net
Thu Nov 14 13:37:59 UTC 2002

Good hack, Clemens!

> I've created a package which extracts the firmware for MidiSport devices
> from the Windows driver files and installs the hotplug script to download
> the firmware. You can get it at
> <http://www.informatik.uni-halle.de/~ladischc/midisport_linux_firmware.html
>>.
>
> There are some differences to Lars Doelle's GPL firmware:
> - it supports MidiSport 4x4/8x8/Keystation/Oxygen
> - no configuration file editing, just 'make install'
> - it requires ALSA because the Midiman firmware doesn't conform to the USB
>   MIDI specification
>
> I don't have a MidiSport device, so this is completely untested.

As Fernando said, it works. I have a Midisport2x2, but I don't need the
Midiman's firmware, because my Midisport2x2 works very well with ezusbmidi
firmware by Lars Doelle, but this can be useful for 4x4 and 8x8 owners...
while there is not a better GPL solution.

BTW, the latest midisport GPL firmwares and sources are available at
linux-hotplug project CVS repository:
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=17679
(modulename "firmware")

Regards,