[linux-audio-dev] Re: The Image (usablity) problem from a Musicians point of view

Benno Senoner sbenno at gardena.net
Tue Oct 22 11:39:01 UTC 2002

If I remember correctly, the guy that wrote the VQF (an mp3-like codec)
plugin for xmms
(home page here:http://www.csn.ul.ie/~mel/projects/linux/vqfplugin/ ) used
wine to run the windows version of the audio codec under linux. Reading form
his page he has now switched to a native version of the codec but perhaps he
could share his experiences with us on this list. I'll try to concact him (if
he isn't already on the LAD list)  and send him the URL of this thread.

cheers,
Benno