[linux-audio-dev] New software synthesizer for Linux (free under GPL v. 2)

Paul Davis pbd at op.net
Wed Sep 25 11:59:16 UTC 2002

>Hi, I wrote a software syntesizer for Linux, it is
>available at  http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/ or
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/zynaddsubfx/  . It has
>many features including: polipohony, multi-timbral,
>microtonal capabilities, 2 synth engines, effects
>(system and insertion), user interface.
>I started this project on March 2002 and this is the
>first relase. I hope that you'll like it.
>Paul.

this looks fantastic.

i was just a little sad to see that it uses the old read/write
paradigm rather than a callback-oriented design. what are the chances
we could get you to switch the design before its too late? its not a
trivial issue, but it would make your synth much more useful and
interoperable with other Linux audio software ... it will also make
your efforts to make it truly real-time much easier as well.

--p