[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Taxonomy

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Sat Apr 5 10:52:01 UTC 2003

Steve Harris wrote:

> I recon that something like this is a good start, but feedback would really help:
>
> Utilities
>
> Generators
>     Oscillators
>
> Delays
>     Phasers + Allpass
>     Flangers
>     Chorus
>
> Reverbs
>
> Filters
>     Lowpass
>     Highpass
>     Bandpass
>     Combs
>
> EQs
>     Parametric
>     Multiband
>
> Pitch shifters
>
> Modulation
>
> Distortion
>     Amp effects
>     Waveshapers
>
> Dynamics
>     Compressors
>     Expanders
>     Limiters
>     Gates

Steve, what about time compression/expansion, the harmonics generator,
and the all-important karaoke plugin ?

Other than those instances your proposed taxonomy looks great. I think
I'm already following it in my Snd LADSPA support, it would be nice if
everyone follows the same plan.

> Feel free to suggest changes to make it easier to use. I can drop in the
> new taxonomy without changing any code. As soon as we decide on a new
> structure I will distribute a new .rdfs file then you can just copy it
> over the old one and try it out.

Cool, thanks for the work, Steve !

Best regards,

== dp

Currently listening to: Miles Davis, "Flamenco Sketches"