[linux-audio-dev] PTAF link and comments

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Tue Feb 4 23:44:00 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 05 February 2003 04.54, Tim Hockin wrote:
> > Oh, there's one thing to keep in mind: You need one gain control
> > (or pair of them) per output, or it won't be all that cool in
> > real life...
>
> really?  I don't know.  I still don't even really see where it will
> be used at all except on returns from sends.

...and there, you won't be needing the DRY control, since a strip
doesn't attenuate the bus it sends to.

Anyway, someone suggested chained plugins, although I tend to think of
those as pure replace. That is, if any dry signal is to get through,
it's entirely up to the plugin. And then, the plugin would delay the
dry signal to avoid comb filtering, which is not something the DRY
control can handle anyway.

So, it's basically just that final insert of each strip... What are we
forgetting here?