[linux-audio-dev] newest audio server for Linux (yep, yet ano ther)

Martijn Sipkema msipkema at sipkema-digital.com
Wed Feb 5 18:43:00 UTC 2003

[...]
>   :-) I have exactly the same problem with templates, it pretends to be
> dynamic while it's just statically generated (=similar to preprocessor,
> which I guess is your point)

I think the C++ STL is great and a perfect example of the power of
templates. Much better than GLib, and it's standard. Using stack
allocated containers is exception safe and makes constructing
complicated objects much cleaner, not having to use lots of
gotos like when doing a Linux kernel driver in C.

I hope we'll see more and more use of C++ in free software. C++
kernel programming would be nice...

--ms