[linux-audio-dev] Howto grab keys?

Fred Gleason fredg at salemradiolabs.com
Fri Aug 20 12:12:25 UTC 2004

On Friday 20 August 2004 06:56, Pamplemousse_mk2 wrote:

> is not a good idea. I know that with MFC there is event management with
> WM messages. I don't know what is there under Linux, especially in
> console-based apps. With GUI libs like GTK, no problems I think. But
> what about console-based apps?

I can't speak for GTK, but I do know that it's entirely possible to create
console apps --i.e. with no GUI -- under Qt.  You still get the full event
loop, with TCP/IP support, database connectivity, etc, etc.  Doing it is
simple:  when you invoke QApplication in main(), just pass 'false' as the
third argument, and don't define a MainWidget.  See:

	http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Director of Broadcast Software Development  |
|                           |             Salem Radio Labs                |
|   It is one thing to praise discipline, and another to submit to it.    |
|                                          -- Cervantes                   |