[linux-audio-dev] regarding mobos and CPUs

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Thu May 6 15:20:38 UTC 2004

Taybin Rutkin wrote:

>What is the problem with JACK and AMD cpus?  I haven't heard of one.

Not so long ago a release of qjackctl in Planet C failed due to (IIRC)
JACK getting compiled with an SSE call (or calls) that killed it
completely on my Duron. The problem was simply and quickly solved, and
I'm perhaps off-base accusing JACK but that's where the problem came
from. Maybe it was a bad make ?

Anyway, if it's the opinion of the LAD developers that AMD is OK then
that's what I need to know. As I stated, I've had only that one
difficulty with AMD and Linux audio software, so I think I'm just being
paranoid.

Best,

dp