[linux-audio-dev] anyone interested to develop a new apps ?

stefan kersten steve at k-hornz.de
Fri Oct 29 00:04:58 UTC 2004

hi frank,

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 12:55:45AM +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> For GUI stuff, I still prefer Pd, because I'm used to it, and GUIs are
> quick to build in Pd. In SC3 I'm mostly interested in dynamically
> building (synth) networks, which is very hard or at least awkward to
> do in Pd. Then Pd would control SC through OSC.

at some point i was interested walking the other direction of
the food chain: dynamically create PD guis via OSC from SC.
d.lj provided me with some impressing PD patches but alas,
it's a hack.

> I'm actually looking for an alternative edit environment for SC, so I
> can bypass Emacs. I tried Emacs two or three times in the recent past
> just for SC, but then I found, that in Emacs the Backspace or Delete
> key (the C-h one) still didn't work as expected and I said to myself:
> "No, after all these years I'm *not* letting Emacs force me to
> customize the Backspace key in some .emacs file on my own. This is
> just not my job, it's the job of Mr. and Mrs. Emacs. I refuse to do
> this."

initially i wanted to implement an SC interface in vim; the
reason emacs was chosen is the fact that the old lisp monster
is about the only editor on earth that handles subprocess
communication (relatively) cleanly. btw try backspace in vi
(not vim).

<sk>