[linux-audio-dev] Acoustic echo canceller released

Benno Senoner sbenno at gardena.net
Sun Jun 5 11:01:18 UTC 2005

Hi,
cool news about the echo canceller.

some questions:
I've found this algorithm on the web (but I did not test it)

http://home.arcor.de/andreadrian/echo_cancel/draft-aec-03.txt

How do you think your's and the one above compare quality wise ?

Do linux telephony apps like linphone, gnomemeeting etc already have
echo cancellation built in ?
I guess not.
Perhaps it would be handy if you made a shared lib out of your echo
canceller (or provide a c file
with a simple API like in the link above) so that linux telephony apps
can easily integrate it
(and it should work for any codec not just speex).

Thoughts ?

thanks,
Benno
http://www.linuxsampler.org