[LAD] IM like GUI for netjack

Sebastian Moors mauser at smoors.de
Tue Dec 2 09:36:18 UTC 2008

torbenh at gmx.de wrote:
> hi...
>

> but setting up the connection, and getting IP addresses
> of users is still a PITA.
> i am thinking along the lines of an IM like thing,
> based on jabber.
>
> i am not seeing good options to making this available
> in the various IM clients.
> thats why i would rather like to have modified jabberd running
> on jackaudio.org or at the consortium servers.
>

> and starts the netjack session.
>
> thoughts ?

Jabber would be a fine choice. You could use the xmpppy library and
write a small client which runs on your system and talks to other
clients with a predefined ascii or xml
protocol. No need to hack the server, imho. The data can be wrapped in
the jabber messages. I could give a helping hand here if someone wants
to implement this app since i wrote some bots and a xmpppy tutorial 2
years ago.
-Sebastian