[LAD] jack_midi in jackd and jackdmp

hermann meyer brummer- at web.de
Fri Apr 3 15:38:10 UTC 2009

Am Freitag, den 03.04.2009, 18:04 +0200 schrieb Stéphane Letz:
> Le 3 avr. 09 à 17:05, hermann meyer a écrit :
>
> > Hi to all
> >
> > Thats my first post to the dev list, first I wont to say hello, and
> > sorry for my bad english. I try to do my best to make it readable for
> > you.
> >
> > So,. .  I try to build a jack_midi output port and I get the stuff
> > working with jackd(1).
> >
> > But my test's with jackdmp end up with crash's (segfaults).
> > I realise that's because the needed buffer recived from
> > jack_port_get_buffer(midi_output_ports, nframes) is == 0 when I run
> > jackdmp-1.9.2. jackd gives me a buffer from 480.
> > I 'am only be able to protect the port for crash's but I can't figure
> > out what I make wrong.
> >

> > I try and I try and I try, but I can't get now . . .
> >
> > It would be realy great if someone from the list here is willing to
> > have
> > a lock at my source and give me a hint to drive me in the right
> > direction.
> >
> > My (uggly) sources are here :
> > http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/guitarix/browser/trunk/src/main.cpp
> >
> > midi_process callback start's at line 233
> >
> > regards   hermann
> >

> Hahah this famous Faust based application..
>
> Why are you opening 2 jack clients? Can you describe what are you
> trying to so?
>
> Stephane

Hi Stephane

Nice to hear from you. :)

I open 2 clients because I wont 2 treads and give one (the midi tread) a
lower prio with pthread_setschedprio. I first try to open the treads
from one client, but I cant figure out how to do, with 2 clients that
work fine with jackd.
I give the midi tread a lower prio, because at least it is a audio app,
so midi is "just a gast". On low level CPU's this protect the DSP for
xrun's when the CPU limit is reached.
Isn't it common open 2 Clients ?

hermann