[LAD] SDL_mixer+LADSPA was:basic in-game audio synthesis api?

james morris james at jwm-art.net
Mon Apr 6 16:50:36 UTC 2009

On 6/4/2009, "Justin Smith" <noisesmith at gmail.com> wrote:

>If I understand correctly, what you are talking about is the buffer
>size.

Not exactly. I set the buffer size to 4096 with the call to
Mix_OpenAudio. The figure I'm talking about is the length of the stream
passed by SDL_mixer to my sfx processing callback. 1880 samples at
sample rate 44100 (halved for 22050). I'm trying to understand how this
figure is arrived at, and if I can rely on it (before any audio
processing starts) when I create the buffers the LADSPA plugins will
use. Changing the size of the buffers makes no difference to this
figure, but changing the sample rate does. Hmmm, that kinda half answers
it.

james.