[LAD] alsa card order

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Tue Apr 28 22:18:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 11:59:36PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> On Tue, 28.04.09 23:36, Fons Adriaensen (fons at kokkinizita.net) wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm Running F10 and I have these lines in /etc/modprobe.conf:
> >
> > options snd cards_limit=4
> > alias snd-card-0 snd_intel8x0
> > alias snd-card-1 snd_mpu401
> > alias snd-card-2 snd_ice1712
> > options snd-card-0 index=0
> > options snd-card-1 index=1
> > options snd-card-2 index=2
> >
> > but the order of the devices is always the
> > inverse: ice1712, mpu401, intel8x0
>
> Since F10 ALSA card indexes are not stable anymore to allow flexible
> hotplugging setups.

I know, but

0. I've had flexible hotplugging setups before,
   so what's the point ?
1. I *want* stable indices, and
2. according to the info on the CCRMA site the
   modproble lines above should give me stable
   indices. If not, has ALSA been mutilated to
   ignore these lines ?

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.