[LAD] viewing lac videos

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Wed Apr 29 22:53:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 12:26:53AM +0300, Stefan Kost wrote:

> Fons Adriaensen schrieb:
> > On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 12:40:37AM +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
> >
> >> The totem /no-sound/ issue may be because you did not install the
> >> "gstreamer-vorbis" package or it's because of your audio-setup; check
> >> with `gstreamer-properties` to make a test-sound.
> >
> > The test sound works, but still no sound in totem,
> > and everything related to sound there is grayed.
>
> If you switch to properties in the sidebar of totem, what does it say for
> audiocodec?

Vorbis

'yum search gstreamer' doesn't produce anything mentioning
Vorbis, apparently there is no gstreamer-vorbis package in
Fedora. But I do have gstreamer-plugins-base.i386 installed.

> Also you could try:
>  gst-launch playbin2 uri=file://$PWD/video.ogv

This produces an error: pipeline doesn't want to pause...

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.