[LAD] Speech noise removal

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Wed Mar 11 17:26:42 UTC 2009

Salut Olivier!
  I don't think ecasound does it yet. Except if they are compatible to ladspa.
I'll have to check. Besides that, there would be a simple test-host like
applyplugin for LADSPA.
   I'd use this for my own speech recordings. Readings, perhaps testing it on
singing as well. I once cut a film commentary, and I would have enjoyed such a
tool tremendously. Because listening to it in ecasound, always stepping back
and forth and fixing the right positions to ignore, is... Hard and
frustrating. :-(
   About the RT-capability. There a plugin I like to use sometimes: vlevel. It
needs up to 4 seconds. It's a look-ahead volume fader automation, so the
signal is always a maximum level. I just have to remove this amount of time at
the beginning of the resulting audio. It's quite OK and works nicely with
ecasound.
   Kindest regards
        Julien

--------