[LAD] [Jack-Devel] more jack/qjackctl madness

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun May 17 11:31:03 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 11:48:57AM +0100, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

> qjackctl only writes to ~/.jackdrc *iif* you opt to (see Setup/Misc/Save
> JACK audio server configuration). otherwise it *never* makes use of that
> file ie. it never auto-starts jackd implicitly; it only does start jackd
> explicitly if none is found running atm.

If the file is ignored by jackd, and by qjackctl, why
does qjackctl write it at all ?

> if you really want several jackd server running simultaneously

I don't want that. I want to get rid of one that was
started automatically, terminated, but restarted by
dbus (why on earth ?) when I run qjackctl. The net
result is that running qjackctl starts a server with
parameters that have no relation at all to its setup
(making it appear as if qjackctl has gone nuts), and
starting the one corresponding to qjackctl's setup
becomes impossible. It's very probably not qjackctl's
fault.

Two other things _are_:

1. I definitely want to be able to terminate qjackctl
without stopping jackd, even if that jackd was started
by qjackctl. This used to be possible.

2. Qjackctl-0.3.4 seems to have a bug handling the port
creation and destruction callbacks, it continues to show
ports that have been deleted and does not show some new
ones. This happens when the delete/create calls are close
together. Jack_evmon shows the right events in the right
order, so it must be qjackctl getting it wrong.

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.