[LAD] [Jack-Devel] more jack/qjackctl madness : some comments

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Mon May 18 14:36:56 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 05:13:19PM +0300, Nedko Arnaudov wrote:

> Fons I think we can both read C code, right?
>
> From posix/JackPosixServerLaunch.cpp, line 166:
>
> static int start_server(const char* server_name, jack_options_t options)
> {
>     if ((options & JackNoStartServer) || getenv("JACK_NO_START_SERVER")) {
>         return 1;
>     }
>
> #if defined(JACK_DBUS)
>     return start_server_dbus(server_name);
> #else
>     jackd fork/exec stuff

I can read this and it can mean different things.

- This code is not involved in what happens
- The value of the options argument is wrong.

> presence of process with "jackdbus auto' commandline those not mean that
> *server* is started. This is the dbus service, not the jack server
> running.

I know that. The fact remains that when the 'jackdus auto'
daemon is running a jackd is started whenever qjackctl is
started. You can go on to deny this, but that doesn't
change the facts.

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.