[LAD] [Jack-Devel] jackd/jackdbus : D-Bus or not D-Bus...

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Tue May 19 11:52:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, 19 May 2009 12:25:35 +0100
Damon Chaplin <damon at karuna.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 11:37 +0100, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
> > the main question, at least in my mind, is all about *which*
> > settings will be used to auto-start the server, isn't it? an
> > explicit command line, as in "classic", should *always* take
> > precedence over the settings in any internal configuration
> > database, which i think the "d-bus" honors instead and that latter
> > behavior is being the root of all "d-bus" evil. scnrt ;)
>
> If jackdbus migrated the settings from .jackdrc the first time it is
> run that would probably save a lot of hassle.
>
> Damon

Don't know if that would be sensible but so far the only way to tell
jackdbus what settings to use is by editing the xml file or using
laditools, which hardly anyone used so far and isn't included in any
distribution. ladi is, to my knowledge, the only thing that uses the
dbus interface so far.

Philipp