[LAD] phasex-0.12.0-beta2

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Thu May 21 10:53:04 UTC 2009

On Thu, 21 May 2009 00:38:12 -0700 (PDT)
William Weston <weston at sysex.net> wrote:

> Announcing phasex-0.12.0-beta2
>
> I've been away from the dev circles for a while, but I haven't
> forgotten about keeping phasex up to date.  The new phasex beta
> targets all of the current build/usability issues, and includes a ton
> of small changes and fixes:
>
> - Clearer licensing (code and samples GPLv2, patches public domain).
>
> - Reworked JACK connection code (can now survive JACK restarts when
>    running multiple instances).
>
> - Initial support for sampled oscillator waveforms (Juno-106 and vocal
>    waveforms currently included).
>
> - Sound quality improvements (super-clean chorus using hermite
>    interpolation, cleaner envelope curves, smoothing added for
>    pitchbender adjustments, and fixes for portamento and mono
>    keymode triggering).
>
> - New parameters (pan, lfo support for resonance, fine-tuning for osc
>    pitch and fm).
>
> - Fixed 64 bit builds.
>
> - Added new architectures in the x86 family.
>
> - Fixed file dialog problems with newer GTK builds.
>
> - New GTK theme and color scheme.
>
> - See the ChangeLog for more...
>

> This beta aims at being a stable release.  All of the currently known
> showstoppers have been fixed.  Builds under Fedora 8 and Fedora 10
> behave well with jackd and jackdmp.  Builds under Debian/Ubuntu and
> with jackdbus have not yet been tested.  Any build and crash reports
> would be greatly appreciated, especially from distribution
> maintainers.  I aim to release a stable 0.12.0 in a couple of weeks,
> including updated patches.
>
> Check out http://sysex.net/phasex/beta to download the latest phasex
> tarballs and Fedora 10 RPMs.  Alternatively, you can try out the new
> git repositoty:
>
>      git clone http://sysex.net/git/phasex.git
>
> It's nice to be back working on Linux audio!
>
> Cheers,
> --ww

Wow, this is great. I don't know if you read how much we worried that
the project could be dead since we didn't hear a thing in such a long
time and the domain apparently expired.
We mirrored the tarballs at a number of locations and I believe someone
put the website up somewhere as well.

This is simply great, I'll try it immediately.
Do you want bug reports per mail or some other way?

Best regards,
Philipp