[LAD] FST and JUCE-based plugins

Julien Pommier pommier at modartt.com
Thu May 28 10:20:38 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have noticed that all JUCE-based vst plugins do not work in fst (at
least their GUI and their internal message passing stuff). The reason
is that the JUCE framework is initialising its internal machinery (a
MessageManager etc) during the first call to the VST entrypoint, and
if the later call to effEditOpen is performed from a different thread,
then all sort of terrible things happens, and it ends with a deadlock.

There is a discussion in the JUCE forum here:
http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juceforum/viewtopic.php?p=21530#21530

Please note that I'm not asking for a fix, but I just want to let the
FST developers know about this problem !

Julien