[LAD] [ANN] invada-studio-plugins-lv2-1.0.0

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Sun May 31 10:24:24 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Nedko Arnaudov <nedko at arnaudov.name> wrote:
> Chris Cannam <cannam at all-day-breakfast.com> writes:
>
>> Even if it did support LV2, it couldn't support the GUIs because
>> (unless it has changed dramatically since I last looked at it) the LV2
>> GUI extension is limited to a single host toolkit which Rosegarden
>> does not use, namely GTK.
>
> There is "external UI" extension that allows plugin to launch the GUI in
> separate process.

The Invada plugins look (from the screenshots) to have some active
components such as meters.  Would these work using the "external UI"
extension?

The basic question is: if LV2 support was added to Rosegarden using
all of the latest available technology, would anyone notice any
difference between Invada plugins hosted in Rosegarden and the same
plugins hosted in Ardour?  My impression is that they would, if the
plugins have GUIs that use facilities that are not open to current
external UIs such as those for DSSI.

Chris