[LAD] [ANN] QmidiNet 0.2.0 is out!

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 23:35:24 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Will Godfrey
<willgodfrey at musically.me.uk> wrote:

>>    QmidiNet [1] is a MIDI network gateway application that sends and
>> receives MIDI data (ALSA-MIDI and JACK-MIDI) over the network, using
>> UDP/IP multicast. Inspired by multimidicast [2] and designed to be
>> compatible with ipMIDI [3] for Windows.
>
> Interesting. What sort of latency do you get?

Negligible. I've been using it (and multimidicast previously) for
years, since I use samplers on a separate machine from where I
sequence, much better than old serial MIDI cables, too, since you can
have multiple MIDI interfaces over a single ethernet interface (and
can be used for wireless also, like with TouchDAW)

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com