[LAT] build ALSA debian way

Jaromír Mikeš mira.mikes at seznam.cz
Mon Oct 6 22:18:24 EDT 2008

<  ------------ Původní zpráva ------------
<  Od: krgn <k.gebbert at gmail.com>
<  Předmět: Re: [LAT] build ALSA debian way
<  Datum: 07.10.2008 03:28:09
<  ----------------------------------------
<  On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 4:19 PM, Jaromír Mikeš <mira.mikes at seznam.cz> wrote:
<
<  > Hi,
<  >
<  > I've compiled new kernel for me 2.6.24.7-rt20 which seems to have a bug in
<  > builded alsa modules (RME Digiface,Multiface).
<  >
<
<  yes that bit me too :)
<
<
<  >
<  > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.user/29391/match=2.6.24
<  >
<  > I would like to upgrade alsa modules from 1.0.15 wich coming with kernel
<  > source to 1.0.17
<  > I already builded new kernel without alsa modules and now I would like to
<  > build alsa from source.
<  > I am using debian based distro so make a debian package would be best for
<  > me.
<  >
<  > Is there any way how to do it?
<  > I didn't found any new howto which I dare to follow.
<  >
<
<  use module-assistant. you'll need the headers/sources for your kernel
<  installed too.
<
<  aptitude install module-assistant build-essentials
<
<  then
<
<  module-assitant to build and install debs for alsa and co.
<
<  k
<
Thanks for answer,
actually I have already installed these packages and  I've stopped on module-assitant.
I was run:
#cd /alsa-driver-1.0.17
#m-a prepare alsa-driver-1.0.17

It seems to run well.

Now I am trying:
# m-a build
No package specified. STOP.

I've tryed put some name for package:
#m-a build alsa-modules
alsa-modules, what is alsa-modules?

Sorry for newbie like question, but reading man pages doesn't helps.

mira