[linux-audio-user] (REQ:) Linux live encoding

Matthew Yee-King yeeking at no-future.com
Fri Oct 25 16:14:00 EDT 2002

Nice idea!

The icecast stuff is good - simple to set up and solid (well to be honest, i haven't tried it under load - i just used it to play mp3's on computers on a LAN in my house. but i left it running for days randomly picking mp3s with no hitches)

http://www.icecast.org/

then, specifically for live encoding:

http://www.icecast.org/thirdparty.html

DarwinSteamingServer from apple does mp3s as well. You can get the source, but i don't know if its fully 'free' if you know what i mean.

cheers

matthew