[linux-audio-user] Mandrake 9.0

Rob lau at kudla.org
Fri Apr 4 15:29:00 EST 2003

On Friday 04 April 2003 14:18, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> AFAICT You're currently the number one distro to get complaints about
> audio apps.
> What's up with that?

I would guess it's a function of being popular among normal
(non-kernel-compiling ;) ) users, combined with not having anything of the
stature of Planet CCRMA available currently.  (Thac's RPM's are a start, but
there are weird issues with a few of the RPM's and most people don't actually
know about it so there's a lot of reinventing the wheel going on.)

Meanwhile, Mandrake's never been too good at turning on things like MIDI
support or ALSA by default.  I think I'm using OSS/Free here in 9.0 for
example.  It sounds like 9.1 may have finally made that right.

Rob