[linux-audio-user] Ladspa-vst

Ketil Thorgersen linuxuadio at rytmisk.net
Thu Apr 17 03:31:01 EDT 2003

torsdag 17. april 2003, 00:02, skrev Antonis Galanopoulos:
> Hi
>
> >  to run vst plugins (not vst instruments unfortunately) as
> > LADSPA plugins by use of wine.
>
> Vst instruments work as well, not all of them though. I had at least
> Mercury Vsti  working with vstserver and pd. It was working quite well but
> it took me ages to make i work.

Wow! I had no idea that this was possible. I had searched the web and asked,
but since noone took the bait I just had to assume that it was impossible.
This is great! Imagine being able to run Gigapiano on a linux machine:-)
Anyway: What about latency? Does the wine approach introduce much of that?

Regards
Ketil