Is the Linux desktop really here ? was:Re:[linux-audio-user]ebayguy: looks like he figured it out

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Mon Dec 8 17:02:02 EST 2003

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 10:35:21AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > That can be corrected. I think you right click on the document and
> > select the page properties. I can't remember what setting I had to
> > select. I don't know why it changed. It is easy to fix though. I just
> > remember it was a setting in there.
> >
> > Jeremiah
> >

> Thanks for the info Jeremiah. Can you lend any insight into why it
> should have changed and started doing this? Is it possible that my 11
> year old did something by accident to set this off?

The question marks are a reult of Microsoft's SmartQuotes feature - it
replaces the straight quotes with direction quotes (like TeX does for ``
and '' instead of ").

OO.o has an option to enable processing Microsoft SmartQuotes - I
suspect that's the setting that's giving the trouble.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.