[linux-audio-user] rme9632 status?

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Mon Dec 22 14:27:39 EST 2003

> yikes. looks like I might get whacked for not checking more thoroughly
> before I bought a card, but I figured getting the one P. Davis recommends
> on the Ardour site would be the safest bet. Oops. ;-)
>
> The plan was to use linux as an outboard effects processor to protools,
> using the digi9652 spdif I/O to create an aux send/ret loop in the PT
> mixer, printing the returns so as to be able to build many layers of them.
> No need to pay absurd prices for questionable Digi-partner beta
> software...not that Im saving anything at the moment!

WR,
   This is almost exactly what I'm doing with my HDSP 9652 & Pro Tools, but
I'm doing it over ADAT instead of spdif. I suppose you must be using the Pro
Tools ADAT interface with some other ADAT hardware? My 3 PC setup with the
HDSP 9652 looks sort of like:

    spdif
  |---------> Pod Pro

Pro           Linux       GigaStudio
Tools  <====> HDSP <====> Reaktor
              9652        Linux
                ^
                |                     headphones
                |=======> A/D/D/A --> monitors

It works pretty well, but lately I'm dealing with a small number clicks and
pops getting through the HDSP 9652 using clocking over ADAT. I think I'm
going to move to some sort of Word Clock solution.