[linux-audio-user] how much ram?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Jul 25 15:02:24 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 11:01:50AM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> 256MB will be pleanty for audio recording, but if you're going to do any
> soft synth work with things like sound fonts, you'll want and probably use
> the 512MB.

true, but they'll probably overcharge for preinstalled RAM.
I just ordered another 256 MB of PC133 ECC sdram for about $40...

2.66 Ghz vs 2.4 GHz is not that big a deal - 10 % difference
even if the performance is linear with MHz (yeah right).

as for disks - if you do much recording you should seriously
consider a second audio-only disk.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com