[linux-audio-user] Laptop/Ozone usb keyboard

Austin aacton at yorku.ca
Fri Jun 6 10:32:01 EDT 2003

On 2003.06.06 10:06, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Are there other options in the same league? Mostly I'll be needing a
> midiinterface, but the integration of
> controler/midiinterface/audiointerface seemed nice to me...

I was hoping to find all three in one... blah.  No luck.
I went with the Evolution MK-255 controller (MIDI out only).  I'm very happy
with it.  It's well built, and it required no special configuration at all.

I'm only using a Celeron 1200 with 384 MB ram.  I can play a loop in sweep,
and jam overtop with fluidsynth without latency.  Jack apps, however, are
horrible.  Crazy xruns... not useable.  Could be due to the latest jack
though... I haven't played with it much, other than installing lowlat kernel
and using tmpfs for jack temp dir.  Pure ALSA apps run great though.  (This is
all Mandrake cooker though... changes daily.)

I haven't settled on a MIDI/audio interface yet.  I was leaning toward the
Quattro, but usage reports are mixed.

Austin

--
                         Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
              Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant