[linux-audio-user] usb midi midiman 8x8

Frank Pirrone fpirrone at localnet.com
Tue May 20 20:14:00 EDT 2003

Clemens Ladisch wrote:

>R Parker wrote:
>

>>I thought it'd be interesting for you to know that
>>Patrick Shirkey and I got the USB Midiman 8x8 setup
>>installed on my machine:
>>
>>A potential stumbling block for this setup is the
>>kernel usb module choice of ohci for AMD vs uhci for
>>Intel. We thought it might be worth mentioning in the
>>README.
>>

>Yes, I'm going to write a troubleshooting guide where this (and
>hotplug-related issues) will be discussed.
>

>Regards
>Clemens

Danke, Clemens.   I look forward to it.

 I have a hotplug problem where my MidiSport 2x2 is successfully
initialized "every other boot!"  I see no change in
/etc/sysconfig/hwconf or /etc/modules.conf, but one time the device is
lit up and ready to go, and the next it's dark.

Disconnect/reconnect sees it detected and initialized immediately, so I
assume the problem with my RedHat 8.0 installation is either hotplug or
kudzu.

Frank