[linux-audio-user] Great news for JACK & KDE

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Fri Nov 21 09:51:40 EST 2003

> So, the apps dont have to change thier api, but are still
> compatible with JACK - thats great. Hopefull it also means that
> when a consumer audio app underrruns it wont affect JACK, and the
> arts server wont block.

Let's hope the JACK support in arts is built that way then - a bit of
liaison required with the KDE folks, perhaps?

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm listening to or recording music I don't
really want bings and beeps being sent to the soundcard by every
program running on the desktop. I guess that's why I never missed
artsd after I disabled it...

Cheers

Daniel