[linux-audio-user] Announcing the ultra-mega-alpha release of Specimen

Ryan ruinaudio at comcast.net
Wed Nov 26 19:37:24 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 18:26, Peter Bessman wrote:
> Specimen is a midi controlled sampler, and it's very first public
> release is available from http://www.gazuga.net/specimen.tar.gz
>
> In all honesty, I advise against downloading this in it's current
> state unless you intend to hack on it or play with it for sheer
> amusement value only.  There are a few TODO items that must be taken
> care of before this can be considered usable software (as the next
> release will be).  The main reason for this release is because I said
> I was going to make a release in a couple of weeks 15 days ago.
> It's very nascent stuff.
>
> You have been warned.

Downloaded, compiled, ran (couldn't load wavs though).  Neat anyway.
This makes three sampler projects starting to take shape for linux.
There's a big niche to be filled in this area so I'm psyched.

Would you mind offering a hint as to what kind of features you intend to
implement?

Thanks for another open source gift,
-ry