[linux-audio-user] That whole mp3 vs. ogg vs. wma vs. yomamma thing

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sun Oct 12 07:08:01 EDT 2003

Mathias Lundgren wrote:

> IMPO Linux audio isn't ready for the average Windows/Mac-user, but there is

IMO this will never be a possiblity. The average user is more interested
in the TV concept. In order for electronic music to progress these
people are not going to be the heart of the scene.

They will however be the dancers and the listeners that make it
worthwhile for us to produce music.

There is another school of thought which wants to use Linux apps for
professional multimedia. Depending on whether you are the boss or the
worker you may want to have extremely easy to use tools or you may want
to have tools which are not so easy to use therefore ensuring job security.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No!
We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything
I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002
The Scotsman