[linux-audio-user] Jack problem in Brazil

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Mon Sep 8 14:45:01 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 01:44:54PM -0300, Alexander wrote:
> But when I try start jackd the system showme this error:
>
> JACK compiled with System V SHM support
> creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|nomon|swmeter|rt
> jackd: pcm.c:689: snd_pcm_nonblock: Assertion 'pcm' failed.
> received signal 6 during shutdown (ignored)

Signal number 6 is SIGABRT.

SIGABRT is the signal that an application sends itself if it wants to
exit with a core dump.  This is mostly used for debugging - so I'm
guessing jackd found some strange condition and decided to dump core so
the problem could be debugged.

To me, it looks like you probably need to ask on the jack mailing list,
which you can find at http://jackit.sourceforge.net/lists/

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.