[linux-audio-user] Linux synths

Michal Seta mis at creazone.32k.org
Mon Sep 15 13:40:00 EDT 2003

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> The only not-so-nice thing about csound is that I didn't manage (or try
> that hard, actually) to make it run alongside other sound-producing
> applications, including jack, pd or fluidsynth.

I'm not up-to-date with csound but I suppose it's not jackified... yet...  How
about using csound~ extern for PD?  You can route audio in and out of csound~
and you can use multiple instances of csound~ (I belive) so you have all the
power of PD, csound and optionally LADSPA plugins and (haven't tried them
yet) VST plugins via the vst server someone has done...  You can run PD as
jack client so all the other apps that Mark mentioned will run alongside and
you can send midi data to other synths from PD, if you wish, via alsa's
virmidi module.  Fluid synth is jackified, too but you can also use the
fluidsynth~ extern in PD if you prefer.

Possibilities are endless.  Perhaps not as user-friendly as Reactor (I nver
used it, mind you) but possibly more powerful.

ciao
-- ./MiS
	      _
      __  __ (_)___   Michal Seta