[linux-audio-user] Re: HDSP Firmware

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Mon Sep 22 23:35:00 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 17:53, Aaron Trumm wrote:
> I have a question about this patch - how does it relate to the
> drivers/packages/etc. on Planet CCRMA - I'm installing a HDSP 9652 and
> wondering if I need this patch (sorry for being so clueless - I'm a brand
> newbie to this system... :) )

Aaron,
   Don't mess with it. Just stick with the Planet CCRMA flow. Fernando
will update Alsa from CVS as soon as the patch is committed. For now the
patch is in a testing phase, and I'm not even sure that it effects your
hardware. I needed it because I'm one of a very using using the HDSP
9652, and for me it's critical. I've got two boxes - Gentoo with this
card and a Planet box with a Hammerfall - in case you're confused about
why I'm saying all of this.

Cheers,
Mark