[linux-audio-user] So, what can I do about copy protection on a CD?

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Fri Jul 9 10:22:49 EDT 2004

Hello,

I've finally found another CD player and tested the CD in question. It
played with no distortions!

Therefore, the very frequent clicks, which I thought could be just
clipping, are after all the results of playing a copy protected CD on a
computer with digital playback :(

I ripped it with cdparanoia, bnut cdparanoia found no errors, and the
sound was the same as when playing on the computer.

Of course I can borrow the CD player, take the analog output and
re-degitize, or search for a computer with spdif in and player with
spdif out. Are there any otehr ways of tackling the protection, so I can
hear the music copy that I bought on the device of my choice?

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik