[linux-audio-user] Virtual Mixing Desk

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Sat Jul 17 11:16:48 EDT 2004

On Saturday 17 July 2004 13:39, Stanley Jaddoe wrote:
> My question: does this kind of virtual mixing desk exists in Linux? If not,
> how do you mix your audio streams (softsynth outputs)?

Two thinks I can recommend:

First: Ardour has a good mixer like the one you are searching for.
Disadvantage: you get the overhead of a not-needed hd-recorder...

Second: JackMix [1]
I am writing it exactly for the
multiple-softsynths-with-no-common-mixer-problem. It isn't nearly finished
and the mixing concept isn't the usual all_channels_to_one_mainout. It also
misses LADSPA-effects but I am happy about everyone testing it and giving
feedback and perhaps sending patches / joining development. :-)
Advantage: You don't get the overhead of a not-needed hd-recorder...

Bye,

Arnold

[1]: http://roederberg.dyndns.org/~arnold/jackmix/
--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de
---