[linux-audio-user] Steinberg The Grand

Carl Hetherington lists at carlh.net
Wed Jun 2 06:37:53 EDT 2004

> > vstserver's, I believe.  There's the message about the audio thread
> > taking 10 seconds and being killed; the audio disappears during those
> > ten seconds.
>
> Seems like you are out of luck. Last thing to try is to start
> the vstserver with the --nonrealtime option to see if it can
> be the watchdog that is screwing things up. But I doubt it.

I've managed to improve things a bit; I've not had an audio thread killed
since I did one of these three things:

1.  Disabled the plugin GUI (commenting out the lines as you suggested)
2.  Changed vsti/jackclient.c to queue MIDI data and send it to the plugin
during the audio thread (like jack_fst does).
3.  Run at a buffer size of >= 64 samples.

I'm not sure how many of these are important, but one of them is ;-)

Do you have any thoughts on the MIDI sending change?  Perhaps you know the
reason for jack_fst doing it differently?

Thanks

Carl