[linux-audio-user] jack_fst build question

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Fri Jun 4 18:00:58 EDT 2004

Mark Knecht wrote on Fri, 04-Jun-2004:

 > Hi,
 >     I got past my Wine problems today, finally got libfst built
 > successfully and was next trying to build jack_fst. (I hope this is
 > worth the effort...) ;-) However, it's not happy with libfst:
 >
 > mark at flash jack_fst-1.2 $ ./configure
 > checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
 >
 > <SNIP>
 >
 > checking for libfst >= 1.3... Package libfst was not found in the
 > pkg-config search path.
 > Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libfst.pc'
 > No package 'libfst' found

You installed libfst to /usr/local (the default --prefix
for configure), but your pkgconfig doesn't look in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
for the libfst.pc.  Either re-configure and install libfst with the --prefix=/usr
option (recommended for most people, especially gentoo'ers), or
export your PKG_CONFIG_PATH to include /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig.

You should do a make uninstall on your previous libfst build,
before you re-configure.

hope that helps,

jlc