[linux-audio-user] Re: producing a drum sample library for hydrogen

LinuxMedia linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Fri Jun 18 21:24:30 EDT 2004

> Meh, I can't tell the difference.  I've yet to hear a compelling
> argument for preferring anything more than 16bit/44.1k.  Personal
> opinions abound, but the plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

I swear I can hear the difference between 16bit/44.1k and 16bit/48k.
When I decided to use the extra 3.9K that my card allows, I did a "side
by side test" of a 44.1K and 48K. The difference is quality is enough
for me to record at a standard 48K rate.

While we're on the subject. I noticed that a some of the sound font
files that I've looked at have 33K audio files. Anyone know why this
perticular sampling rate? I'm not being really diligent and going thru
all my sound font files. I'm going from memory, and it seems I've seen
this sampling rate in several sound fonts.

Rocco