[linux-audio-user] Reading/playing a "copy protected" CD : cdparanoia seems not to help

Dylan audio at dylan.me.uk
Sun Jun 27 20:50:41 EDT 2004

On Monday 28 Jun 2004 00:15 am, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
<SNIP>
> They [clicks] seem always there. They're not *loud* clicks, rather a
quiet but
> very-often repeated sound.
>
> This, in fact, may be simple clipping. Except that I'm not ready at
> this point to think that the Chandos company would simply release a
> crappy recording; copy protection seems more likely.

Faults in recordings seem to be quite common on cds IME. What CD is it?
I have several with momentary silences after heavy bass beats as if an
auto limiter has cut in, or with crackle as if something has beed
overdriven too far.

IMHO studio engineers and producers are nowhere near as skilled now as
they were when vinyl was the target medium.

Dylan

--
"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine"
                                  -Dark Helmet