[linux-audio-user] [OT - Apostrophe]

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Wed Jun 30 14:47:16 EDT 2004

I inadvertantly started this thread so I may as well chime in...

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:47:29 +0100
tim hall <tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk> wrote:
> Seeing as how one of my greatest influences always quotes Monk as one of his,
> I should study too. My interest in Jazz currently starts somewhere round
> Miles Davis. Clearly I never listened to Frank Zappa's lyrics properly
> (favourite Zappa is 'Hot Rats' and SUAPYG, which may explain ;-)

I actually hear certain similarities between Monk and FZ in terms of
angular melodies (that would bug most people), the use of discordant sounds
to wake you up or change a mood in a piece, and a sense of time that
isn't kept by counting to 4 over and over again.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com