[linux-audio-user] Mixer settings

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Sun Nov 28 18:51:41 EST 2004

Hi,

as soon as I try to record audio from the mic in of my cheap
onboard sound chip, I never can intuitively set the mixer
settings so it will work right now. Every time, it's a
struggling with the settings and a trial and error action.

Makes no difference which mixer I am using, but best of all
works qamix.

So, my question is, is there a user documentation how
soundcards work and which parameters affect which aspects of
the signal flow in basic consumer cards?

 Gruß & regards

    ce